DDS, National Taiwan University, 1992
MS, National Taiwan University, 2004
PhD, National Taiwan University, 2014
MOrtho., Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 1996
Orthodontic and Dentofacial
Main Research Interests
New Mini-implant System Development
Create a more simple mini-implants anchorage system, which have no anatomic limitations, and can be applied to every condition by animal study. We also want to reduce the inflammation of the soft tissue near the implantation and enhance the orthodontic applications by the special design of the head. With the new design, we can improve the shortcomings of the present miniplates and miniscrews, which can not only achieve better orthodontic outcomes, but also reduce the treatment duration. And we hope to introduce them to other field of the clinical dentistry and orthopedics.
Craniofacial-dental growth, development and orthopedic treatment
The long-term follow up observation of the different types of skeletal malocclusion treated by orthopedic appliance and compared with a group of skeletal class III malocclusion without any orthopedic treatment will make it clear the craniofacial-dental changes during treatment and posttreatment. These results will give important information for the treatment of skeletal malocclusion
Orthodontic force system analysis
Force magnitude and force direction are basic factors of obvious importance in orthodontics. However, the determination of forces in most orthodontic appliances is very limited. A lot of previous studies have investigated the issue of threshold and optimal forces for moving the teeth and the appropriate appliance design to achieve specified forces.
- Chi CW, Lai EHH, Liu CY, Lin CP and Shin CS (2017). Influence of heat treatment on cyclic fatigue and cutting efficiency of ProTaper Universal F2 instruments. Journal of Dental Sciences 12: 21-26. (SCI)
- SH Yu, YL Hu, Eddie HH Lai (2016). Anterior crossbite with mandibular functional shift corrected by fixed and removable inclined bite plane in mixed dentition: A case report. Taiwan journal of pediatric dentistry 16(1): 30-37.
- SH Kok, KL Hou, CY Hong, LH Chao, Eddie HH Lai, HW Wang, H Yang, CT Shun, JS Wang, SK Lin (2015). Sirtuin 6 modulates hypoxia-induced apoptosis in osteoblasts via inhibition of glycolysis: implication for pathogenesis of periapical lesions. Journal of Endodontic 41:1631-1637. (SCI)
- Hsu TC, Tsai SSL, Chang JZC, Yu SH, Lai EHH and Lin CP (2015). Core clinical competencies for dental graduates in Taiwan: Considering local and cultural issues. Journal of Dental Sciences 10: 161-166. (SCI)
- Chang JZC, Chen YJ, Tung YY, Chiang YY, Lai EHH, Chen WP, Lin CP (2012). Effects of thread depth, taper shape, and taper length on the mechanical properties of mini-implants. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics 141(3):279-88. (SCI)
- Lai EHH, Hong CY, Kok SH, Hou KL, Chao LH, Lin LD, Chen MH, Wu PH, Lin SK (2012). Simvastatin Alleviates the Progression of Periapical Lesions by Modulating Autophagy and Apoptosis in Osteoblasts. Journal of Endodontics 38(6):757-63. (SCI)
- Jenny ZC Chang, YT Wang, PH Liu, YJ Chen, Yao CC, Eddie HH Lai* (Corresponding Author) (2010). Orthodontic-prosthetic implant anchorage in a partially edentulous patient: A clinical report. Journal of Dental Science: 6:176-180. (SCI)
- Eddie HH Lai, Jenny ZC Chang, CC Yao, SJ Tsai, JP Liu, YJ Chen, CP Lin (2008). Relationship between age at menarche and skeletal maturation stages in Taiwanese female orthodontic patients. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association:107(7):527–532.(SCI)
- Eddie HH Lai, YJ Chen, Yao CC, Jenny ZC Chang (2008). A method to transfer planned implant locations to a preorthodontic cast. Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry: 100:153-156 (SCI)
- Eddie HH Lai, Yao CC, YJ Chen, Jenny ZC Chang (2008). Orthodontic treatment with a series of vacuum-formed removable appliances -case report. Journal of Dental Science. 3(3): 167-173. (SCI)